From: "Skip Tavakkolian" <fst@centurytel.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] 9.ps (was:Hi together | a few newbie questions)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:12:14 -0800	[thread overview]

> The advantages of the wiki format would be:
> * easy updating by anyone who can examine a particular bit of kernel code
> * up-to-date version is always the one read (especially if the chapters
> are seperately downloadable - those of us on dial-up connections might not
> want to download the entire 1500K for an updated version that fixes a
> spelling error, but smaller sections would be manegable)

My recent experience with the Wiki pages tells me that the
"Kernel Notes" shouldn't be trusted to wiki and group editing.
There are very few people on this list that could reasonably do
the updates that it seems Wiki-fying is counterproductive.
There is plenty of raw information (including the kernel source).
What saves everyone time is knowing that a trusted authority has
written the commentary with a coherent classification of functions.