* [9fans] "laggy" drawterm on local network?
@ 2010-05-15 21:31 Corey
From: Corey @ 2010-05-15 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm on a 802.11g here on my lan in my house, where my cpu/auth server
sits - and drawterm is noticeably  slow/laggy.  For instance, mousing up/down
the rio menus, and drawing/moving new rio windows, scrolling through large
amounts of text... all produce regular finegrained intermittent delays before
"catching up"... it's just past the threshold of annoying/frustrating -
especially as I was expecting smother operation here on my lan over
relatively decent bandwidth.

Before possibly spinning my wheels attempting to fix/diagonse potential
issues on my home network/routing - I'd like to ask: is this actually normal,
or is it likely something's up w/ my network to cause such noticeable lag on
drawterm?  (I've at least done the obvious to ensure no other network traffic
is saturating my lan's pipe)

Thanks!