* [9fans] troff -man prints poorly
@ 2008-02-26 18:22 john
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: john @ 2008-02-26 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been writing a man page and wanted to see how it looks
when formatted with troff and printed, so I tried:
troff -man <file> | dpost | lp
only to find that the printout was extremely ugly. Words seem
to have run together in some very strange ways; if I had a scanner
handy I could show what I mean. Anyway, the same thing happens
when I do:
troff -man /sys/man/1/cat | dpost | lp
but not when I do:
troff -ms /sys/doc/asm.ms | dpost | lp

Am I missing something simple and fundamental, or is troff/dpost
just broken?

John