From: "Ethan Gardener" <eekee57@fastmail.fm>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] how to extract an .iso file using Inferno
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 22:56:01 +0000

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021, at 11:48 AM, hiro wrote:
> it *is* extraction, on a per-file basis and on demand :)

You made me think for a moment. :) ISO-9660 images aren't compressed, so it's not extraction any more than any other disk-backed fileserver of Inferno or Plan 9. The read process is the same: find the region containing the desired data & copy it to the client. Just one of the wonders of Plan 9 & Inferno, or indeed any very clean design.

Of course, from a certain point of view, I'm sure any file read could be considered extraction. ;)