From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] /mail/ratify permissions
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:57:25 -0400	[thread overview]

> but "ls -l /mail/ratify > debug.log" gives me nothing. It looks like
> upas/smtpd cannot access /mail/ratify. How do I get ratfs to work?

since smtpd runs as none if you're starting it from listen in
the typical way, i was going to suggest that a process running
as none might not have sufficient permissions to mount
/srv/ratify.  however on my system this isn't the case.

i suppose that you could break out the big hammer and
add "ls -l /srv", "mount /srv/ratify mail/ratify" to your tcp25
script.

if you're trying to stop spam, the new upas/smtp(d?) is
compatable with the old upas.  i find the hacks there
to be necessary to avoid getting several hundred spams/
day.  there are also some changes that allow the validatesender
script to call spamhaus and/or spf.  it's all in the contrib
package nupas or you can pull out the bits you want

	/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/root/sys/man/8/smtp
	/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/root/sys/src/cmd/nupas/smtp
	/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/root/lib/mail

- erik