* [9fans] Epublish, publish books as pdf and epub
@ 2021-09-10 13:45 sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2021-09-10 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all,

In the last days I built a collection of scripts to generate
epub-compatible files as well as troff-ms files from the same text
source, all on Plan 9.

The text source files are very similar to markdown syntax, but you can
define blocks of text that only work with one of the two output formats.
For using the scripts you only need awk and mk, as well as zip for epub
and troff -ms for ... troff (plus other tools to convert it to pdf etc).

Here is the package: http://shithub.us/sirjofri/epublish/HEAD/info.html

There's a sample "book" inside that package, I plan to extend this
example to describe all formatting features, e.g. writing bold and
italic.

sirjofri