You're correct. ngc2000 has been made freely available for non- commercial use; google ngc2000.dat.gz. I last looked at this some months ago; I think I had to modify scat to not automatically try to mount the DSS from juke. I've since lost the change (but it should likely be redone and submitted). DSS is also freely available a plate at a time in various places. I briefly considered trying to work up something for dynamic download, but lost interest (I was only on scat on a tangetn, trying to get the 2e roads program working).