* [9fans] Running Plan 9 on Xen 3.2
@ 2009-06-29 22:19 Andreas Eriksen
From: Andreas Eriksen @ 2009-06-29 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Using the precompiled PAE kernel from sources in xen 3.2 on debian
lenny gives the message

Error: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'elf_xen_addr_calc_check: ERROR:
ELF_PADDR_OFFSET set, VIRT_BASE unset\n')

Does this mean Plan 9 is not compatible with Xen 3.2, or does it just
need a recompile or some other quick fix?
I would answer this question myself but unfortunately it seems a lot
of the source files are no longer world readable after pae support was
added (which is great by the way, thanks!).

* Re: [9fans] Running Plan 9 on Xen 3.2
@ 2009-06-30  7:57 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2009-06-30  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andreer, 9fans

> Does this mean Plan 9 is not compatible with Xen 3.2, or does it just
> need a recompile or some other quick fix?

It's compatible with Xen 3.0.x for some x.  I haven't checked
how much the Xen API has changed for 3.2 -- do try recompiling and
see what happens!

> of the source files are no longer world readable

Sorry, my fault.  Fixed now.

-- Richard