From: "Steve Simon" <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] ppp confusion
Date: Tue,  4 Apr 2006 00:53:42 +0100	[thread overview]

I wrote a ppp packet decoder /n/sources/contrib/steve/pppdec.tar.gz,
its the first thing I wrote for plan9 so don't look too carfully.
It looks for the TX and RX hexdumps and prints them in more detail
than ppp can.

It tells me that you are not specifying an IP address and neither is the
other end, and you end up with all zeros (you knew that). I guess you
need to just specify local, remote, gateway, and DNS server addresses
on the ppp command line (maybe echo some of these into /net/ndb).

If you believe that your remote server should give you an address try
capturing a logfile from windows/linux/OSX/386bsd, and massage it
into TX/RX lines for pppdec for comparison.

-Steve