* [9fans] /rc/bin/C; hey, where'd my consoles go?
@ 2003-01-15 21:09 Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2003-01-15 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I set up a consolefs on my CPU/auth server, using USB<->Serial
converters to give myself more serial ports than I really had
(there are only two machines; I loop /dev/eia0 from the auth
server back to one of the USB ports, and then I have the file
server plugged into another USB port).  I start aux/consolefs
from cpurc before just about anything else, and /mnt/consoles
looks fine.  The only problem is that when I try to run ``C''
from anywhere, /mnt/consoles comes up as an empty directory.
What's up with that?  Shouldn't /mnt/consoles be in the name
space of whatever is answering the listen for import?  I've
worked around it by doing something like the following:

	mntgen
	import $server '#s' /n/$server^srv
	mount /n/$server^srv/consoles /mnt/consoles

instead of just trying: import $server /mnt/consoles.  That
works fine, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something
obvious.  Thanks!

	- Dan C.