* [9fans] booting... which video modes will be accepted?
@ 2007-05-26 12:42 Oliver Bandel
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2007-05-26 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I'm back to Plan9 and to this list, and have just tried to
oot the current image.

Booting worked.
I had to use the correct boot device.
Than also I have to change the local!#S/.../data to my device.

When I came to the point to select the video-resolution,
I found no working resolution.

I tried the default; it made crazy pictures on the screen.
Following the troubleshooting-description, I typed in the
correct resolution of the LCD: 1280x1024.

I tried with 1280x1024x8 and with 1280x1024.

Both didn't worked.

When using 1280x1024x8 I thought this should be available
as minimum color resolution. Maybe I have to type in
bigger values? The message was, that in /lib/vgadb
there is no matching entry.

What value could work?

TIA,
   Oliver