I've been using this disk for data storage for approximately the last year or so, but it's possible. The Linux partition on the disk has data on it, and I'm able to read/write on it. (Last time I checked). Found some information: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL/GV/GE/PE DRAM Controller / Host - Hub I/F Bridge Display is VGA 82845G/GL/GV/GE/PE Integrated Graphics Device Then there're the 4 or 5 USB controllers, Hub interface to PCI Bridge, LPC Interface Bridge etc. I will try installation with another disk in a couple of hours. On 10/21/06, Sascha Retzki wrote: > > > > > > and it prompts me again to partdisk, and it never ends. I really don't > think > > that this is the hard disks problem, it's a barely used 160GB Maxtor > drive. > > Has anyone had any problems similar to this? Could it be because some of > the > > hardware? (Unlikely, but...) > > > Sure about the disk? Disks may be broken when they arrive (broke on > transport), etc. > 'Not used much' may mean 'maybe I could not yet discover the issues' > > So what is the controller involved? What chipset, etc? > >