* [9fans] New User (Experimentor only, non-programmer)
@ 2008-02-24 12:54 philo
From: philo @ 2008-02-24 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I just installed Plan 9 yesterday on a machine I've setup with removable
drives.
My machine is setup simply to experiment with different OS's and I've got
drives
with several dozen different systems:
Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS/2, BeOs , Solaris, etc.

Plan 9 is now my latest experiment.

The main thing I wanted to do with Plan 9 was just use it to FTP data up to
my website.
Though I've got the network configured and can Ping out...
I was not able to find any FTP.   ( I did find  "ftpd" though)

If I get that working, about the only other question I have is if there is a
text-based news reader
available for accessing Usenet.

I read over the Wikipedia info but was not able to ascertain anything to
help me.

Thanks