* Re: [9fans] install disk
@ 2002-05-17 11:44 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-17 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

/sys/lib/dist/pc/proto
contains a list of the programs that will be
put into the compressed file system.

cd /sys/lib/dist/pc; mk root.bz2
builds the compressed file system.

once the compressed file system is built,
cd /sys/src/9/pc; mk 'CONF=pcflop' 9pcflop.gz
builds the kernel, which includes the compressed
file system in its root.

once the kernel is built,
cd /sys/lib/dist/pc; mk ndisk
builds a floppy and puts the kernel on it.
you will probably want to edit plan9.ini.

thus, the compressed file system doesn't
appear on the floppy disk.  it's inside the
engorged kernel.

all that said, cd /sys/lib/dist/pc; mk ndisk
is supposed to know when to rebuild root.bz2
and then 9pcflop.gz automatically.

russ

* Re: [9fans] install disk
@ 2002-05-17 14:10 ` paurea
From: paurea @ 2002-05-17 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com writes:
 > all that said, cd /sys/lib/dist/pc; mk ndisk
 > is supposed to know when to rebuild root.bz2
 > and then 9pcflop.gz automatically.

Yes mk ndisk did the trick. The problem was I had a broken 9pcflop.gz.
After deleting it, everything worked.
--
                 Saludos,
                         Gorka

"Curiosity sKilled the cat"

* [9fans] install disk
@ 2002-05-17 11:39 paurea
From: paurea @ 2002-05-17 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wanted to make a disk which had rio on it. I started messing with the
installation floppy (/sys/lib/dist/pc) but haven't been succesful.
The problem is that the ndisk generated doesn't include init or any
of the programs, just the kernel. (I just made mk ndisk) What is the
standard way to generate an installation floppy?.
--
                 Saludos,
                         Gorka

"Curiosity sKilled the cat"