* [9fans] kw niggles
@ 2010-04-10  7:00 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-04-10  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

kw; cat /dev/cputype
ARM Marvell 88F6281 A0; arm926ej-s arch v5te rev 2.1 part 131 1200

1.  timesync locks up my machine.  i have the latest clock.c
i'm using
	aux/timesync -nl -d /sys/log/timesync.d -a 100000 $timeserver
perhaps there's something wrong with that?

2.  initially crashed on nvram prompt due to kbdq being nil.
"fixed" by initializing it.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] kw niggles
@ 2010-04-10  8:01 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2010-04-10  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 1.  timesync locks up my machine.  i have the latest clock.c

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.plan9/msg/07e419734ebf81a5

* Re: [9fans] kw niggles
@ 2010-04-10 12:57   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-04-10 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Apr 10 04:03:08 EDT 2010, 9nut@9netics.com wrote:
> > 1.  timesync locks up my machine.  i have the latest clock.c
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.plan9/msg/07e419734ebf81a5

however, geoff claimed a fix in december.

http://9fans.net/archive/2009/12/164

- erik

* Re: [9fans] kw niggles
@ 2010-04-11 19:15 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2010-04-11 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm running timesync here on a sheevaplug and an openrd-client.
The invocation was

	aux/timesync -s /net -nl -d /sys/log/timesync.d chips time1 time2

100 µs accuracy seems unlikely; you might try dropping the
`-a 100000' from your invocation.

The kbdq business is almost certainly a result of difficulty
getting the uart machinery to work properly; I ought to revisit
that stuff.

* Re: [9fans] kw niggles
@ 2010-04-11 19:52   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-04-11 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm running timesync here on a sheevaplug and an openrd-client.
> The invocation was
>
> 	aux/timesync -s /net -nl -d /sys/log/timesync.d chips time1 time2
>
> 100 µs accuracy seems unlikely; you might try dropping the
> `-a 100000' from your invocation.

ah, yes.  thanks for the reply.  i'd figured that out today.  i'm
sending this from a drawterm to the openrd.  :-)

> The kbdq business is almost certainly a result of difficulty
> getting the uart machinery to work properly; I ought to revisit
> that stuff.

on that note, do you think that using tftp to download
/cfg/pxe/$ea from the kernel would be a bad idea?  do you
have an alternate idea for downloading a bit of configuration?
i'm thinking of doing something soon.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] kw niggles
@ 2010-04-11 19:53   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-04-11 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i was thinking that perhaps timesync should refuse to run if the
accuracy is unreasonable?

- erik