* [9fans] It is finally alive !!
@ 2006-08-04  5:06 Leonardo Valencia
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Leonardo Valencia @ 2006-08-04  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings Plan9 community,

I finally got my plan9 installation to work fine with qemu and I just
wanted to share my joy with all of you.

It took me a while because I spent a couple weeks just reading all
possible information about plan9, sadly enough I had no idea of the
existence of the OS, it came to my attention thanks to a recent Slashdot
post.

The OS is great, I got 9fs to work fine with the outside world (I am
connected to sources right now). Also nntpfs works fine I even read the
latest posts in comp.os.plan9 in my /mnt/news/comp/os/plan9 directory.
Too bad I could not post from there too.

Anyway, I already have tons of question that I will defer for a better
moment if I don't find answers for them online first. In the meantime I
wonder what happened to all the "cross" compilers (like 2c, 3c, etc )
they seem to be missing from the 386/bin dir.

Regards,

-Leonardo Valencia