* [9fans] troff not typesetting accented c
@ 2010-09-05 19:16 EBo
From: EBo @ 2010-09-05 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9Fans-list

I have a citation in one of my papers which have an accented c (ć) which
is not being typeset by troff.  Is there some trick?

As a note, another name has an umlaut, so I know that it I troff is
typesetting non ascii characters.

  EBo --

* Re: [9fans] troff not typesetting accented c
@ 2010-09-05 19:54 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-09-05 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun Sep  5 15:18:54 EDT 2010, ebo@sandien.com wrote:

> I have a citation in one of my papers which have an accented c (ć) which
> is not being typeset by troff.  Is there some trick?
>
> As a note, another name has an umlaut, so I know that it I troff is
> typesetting non ascii characters.

if this is a problem on plan 9, it must be related to the citation formatting.
since
	echo ć | troff | page
appears correct on my system.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] troff not typesetting accented c
@ 2010-09-05 20:36   ` EBo
From: EBo @ 2010-09-05 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm using plan9port on Linux, and  I think I'll work around this my
rewriting it as Golden, D. et al. and dropping the probamatic name (which
is the 5'th author).