* [9fans] Acme undo
@ 2006-05-16 20:19 Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2006-05-16 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've noticed that unlike sam and Inferno acme, P9P acme's Undo command
undoes typing a character at a time, rather than a typed sequence at a
time.  I haven't tested P9 acme.  Is this an intentional change, or a
bug?  I personally prefer the old behavior, but not so much that I'd
fix it if it's not considered broken.

Micah

* Re: [9fans] Acme undo
@ 2006-05-16 21:34 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2006-05-16 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

either you have an old binary or i do.

this was a bug that was introduced some time ago and fixed some
time ago.  the plan9port acme right here hasn't exhibited the bug
in months.

try updating. if acme still has this bug, let us know.

-rob

On 5/17/06, Micah Stetson <micah@stetsonnet.org> wrote:
> I've noticed that unlike sam and Inferno acme, P9P acme's Undo command
> undoes typing a character at a time, rather than a typed sequence at a
> time.  I haven't tested P9 acme.  Is this an intentional change, or a
> bug?  I personally prefer the old behavior, but not so much that I'd
> fix it if it's not considered broken.
>
> Micah

* Re: [9fans] Acme undo
@ 2006-05-16 22:23   ` Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2006-05-16 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> try updating. if acme still has this bug, let us know.

Sorry, I thought I had updated pretty recently, but it must have been
a while.  It works fine.

Thanks,

Micah