From: "Sascha Retzki" <sretzki@gmx.de>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: RE: [9fans] control(2), createmenu and event(2)-style menues
Date: Tue,  5 Sep 2006 21:58:47 +0200	[thread overview]

> Hi!
>
> Why are you, guys, so impressed/infected by Windozish style of doing things?? Isn't acme idea far more impressive? If you're capable of writing apps, why don't you write acme apps in the way acmemail does it?

[..]

> I want to write a GUI which displays audiodata

The thing with acme basicly is, it can just do text. I have some ideas about a graphical acme, but not now. :)

See, actually I want to get certain information from the user; If the user wants to convert the data, he uses the right-click menu to select 'convert' - all the other information needed include several things (here: sample rate, channels (with 3d sound, that one becomes really interesting), bits per sample,...), so how would you do that? Presenting a 'command-line' is not really cool - Neither to put those things into the right-click menue. So I hoped createmenu() creates a menue in the style of:

|				|
|	Bl0b: [        ]	|
|				|
|	[Ok]	[Cancal]	|
|				|

I am convinced that it is way better than any alternatives, at least currently.