* [9fans] mahjongg
@ 2004-09-18  1:36 andrey mirtchovski
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-09-18  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/mahjongg/

enjoy, but don't beat me over the code much.

* Re: [9fans] mahjongg
@ 2004-09-18  2:14 ` Kenji Okamoto
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-09-18  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ahaha, Andrey, you are very enthusiastic to Plan 9 games.
Thank you very much, all the students here will enjoy them!

Me?   I'm too old to do so, which means the person is aware of
his/her total length of lifetime, sigh.☺

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3348 bytes --]

From: andrey mirtchovski <mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] mahjongg
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:36:00 -0600 (MDT)

@ 2004-09-18  2:21   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-09-18  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Ahaha, Andrey, you are very enthusiastic to Plan 9 games.
> Thank you very much, all the students here will enjoy them!

i'm trying to show that it's easy to write board games for plan 9 in a
few hundred lines of (admittedly not stellar) code. and the games don't
have to necessarily look like they were found on an old AppleII disk.

hopefully others will find it gratifying to spend a day or two
implementing something or other for their own amusement.  it doesn't
have to be hard :)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] mahjongg
@ 2004-09-18  2:42 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-09-18  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/mahjongg/

'Kyodai' isn't Kyoto Univ., interesting!

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] mahjongg
@ 2004-09-18  2:44 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-09-18  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

and... we have the first bug -- clicking on tiles obscures them completely
in drawterm (and perhaps in other bpp's less than 16, such as vmware). i've
added the '-c' option which forces it to use an RGBA32 buffer image. this
is very slow on native plan 9 at least with the S3 card, therefore it's
not the default option.

andrey

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, andrey mirtchovski wrote:

> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/mahjongg/
>
> enjoy, but don't beat me over the code much.

* Re: [9fans] mahjongg
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-09-21  4:40 ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-09-21  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/mahjongg/
>
> enjoy, but don't beat me over the code much.

Well, I installed it onto my home Plan 9, and I played with it
about 25 times in the last Sunday.   Well... I got 3 times wins.☺

Andrey, this is really good game to me, and thanks agian.

Kenji