* [9fans] 9Front / cwfs64x and hjfs storage
@ 2020-12-28 23:55 joey
From: joey @ 2020-12-28 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

While it is not yet a concern, I am trying to figure something out that does not seem to be well documented in the man pages or the fqa about the file systems.

I am currently running a plan9front instance with cwfs64x (the whole "hjfs is experimental, you could loose your files" seemed to be a bit dangerous when I started everything) and I understand that it is a WORM file system.  My question is for the end game.  If the storage gets full with all of the diffs, is there a way for the oldest ones to roll off, or do you need to expand the storage or export them or ?  I come from the linux world where this is not a feature file system wise and worst case I would have lvm's that I could just grow or with repos I could cull the older diffs, if needed.

If there is additional features for this in hjfs, that would be nice to know too.  I am just really trying to understand the limits of the technology and what expectations to have.  Otherwise, I love the plan9 environment and knowing what options I have for when I inevitably get to that point would put me more at ease in trusting more operations to be conducted on Plan9 systems.

Best and thank you!
~Joey