* [9fans] plumbing to get files from odd filesystems, and get pages from local  manuals
@ 2009-06-18  6:01 Jason Catena
From: Jason Catena @ 2009-06-18  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Some plan9port plumbing I wrote which may help someone.

Using the plan9port plumber to find files in ClearCase VOBs.
http://www.evernote.com/pub/catena/public#7d2e9774-964f-423c-96e9-5e8721b1a78d

Also plumb man(1) pattern to local manual.  New convention "man(1l)"
to name eclipsed local manual pages.
http://www.evernote.com/pub/catena/public#73edd473-f300-4e1f-991c-9876eb29dba0

Jason Catena

* Re: [9fans] plumbing to get files from odd filesystems, and get pages  from local manuals
@ 2009-06-20 19:35 ` J.R. Mauro
From: J.R. Mauro @ 2009-06-20 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Jason Catena<jason.catena@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some plan9port plumbing I wrote which may help someone.
>
> Using the plan9port plumber to find files in ClearCase VOBs.
> http://www.evernote.com/pub/catena/public#7d2e9774-964f-423c-96e9-5e8721b1a78d
>
> Also plumb man(1) pattern to local manual.  New convention "man(1l)"
> to name eclipsed local manual pages.
> http://www.evernote.com/pub/catena/public#73edd473-f300-4e1f-991c-9876eb29dba0

This is helpful, thanks.

> Jason Catena

In addition, here's some plumbing to send coordinates to one of the
mapping programs in contrib:

# coordinate pairs are sent to gmap
type is text
data matches '(-?[0-9]+\.?[0-9]+\?-?[0-9]+\.?[0-9]+)'
plumb start gmap -n$1

I think the matches clause is right, but it could be totally broken.
I'm trying to get the C version of gmap to talk directly to the
plumber on a 'coordinate' port. If anyone has some pointers, I'd be
glad to hear them.

* Re: [9fans] plumbing to get files from odd filesystems, and get pages  from local manuals
@ 2009-06-20 20:58   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-06-20 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I think the matches clause is right, but it could be totally broken.
> I'm trying to get the C version of gmap to talk directly to the
> plumber on a 'coordinate' port. If anyone has some pointers, I'd be
> glad to hear them.

faces/plumb.c:/"seemail"

- erik