* [9fans] OS X question
@ 2006-04-12 23:52 Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2006-04-12 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

At the risk of being way off topic for this list, does anyone
know how to get raw packet access under OS X?  I'm trying
to write some p9p code on the mac and I need to get to
raw ethernet frames.

Thanks
  bc

* Re: [9fans] OS X question
@ 2006-04-13  0:10 ` Don Bailey
From: Don Bailey @ 2006-04-13  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> At the risk of being way off topic for this list, does anyone
> know how to get raw packet access under OS X?  I'm trying
> to write some p9p code on the mac and I need to get to
> raw ethernet frames.

MacOSX, like any other BSD, uses the Berkeley Packet Filter.
Man bpf for information. /dev/bpf[0-9] is the device you'll use to
ingest or send raw frames.

Don "north" Bailey