* [9fans] Mouse misdemeanor
@ 2003-08-22  6:27 lucio
From: lucio @ 2003-08-22  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm sure somebody here will spot the problem a lot faster than I would
by searching through the sources: I frequently find the mouse button 3
(right-button, to be precise) getting transformed into button 2
(middle-button).  I can almost invariably cause it by running acid and
issuing a stk() command in acme win, I have not seen anything else
quite as predictable, but there does not seem to be much
discrimination.  For some mysterious reason, running wloc (in the same
window) resets the mouse to sensible behaviour, but I see from some
experimentation that just switching windows in acme has at least a
temporary positive effect.

The mouse I'm using right now is a PS/2 IntelliMouse, the same as I
have at the office.  I can't be definitive about it happening when I
was using a serial logitech, but I'm almost sure it did then, too.

Any clue how to fix it or at least identify the source of the problem?

++L

PS: In passing, I use my mouse with my left hand for some hand-eye
coordination superstition (I lost my right eye in childhood, so I'm
sure this is rubbish, but apparently I'm a re-trained left hander) and
only recently discovered that it is almost impossible to left-middle
chord on an intellimouse with one's right hand, whereas it is
perfectly easy with the left.  It surprised me, so perhaps someone
else may benefit from this discovery.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-22  6:27 UTC | newest]