* [9fans] plan9port: split into several packages
@ 2008-05-10 16:51 Enrico Weigelt
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Enrico Weigelt @ 2008-05-10 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi folks,

as some of you already might know, Gentoo has plan9port
(in the plan9 overlay), splitted into several packages.
But it builds the whole p9p for the each single package
(and just copies out the relevant stuff).

I'd like to split it into several packages directly at source
(eg. one pkg per lib or tool).

What do you think about this ?

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/

* Re: [9fans] plan9port: split into several packages
@ 2008-05-10 16:57 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-05-10 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: weigelt, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs
  Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> as some of you already might know, Gentoo has plan9port
> (in the plan9 overlay), splitted into several packages.
> But it builds the whole p9p for the each single package
> (and just copies out the relevant stuff).

why not fix gentoo instead?

ron

* Re: [9fans] plan9port: split into several packages
@ 2008-05-10 18:34 ` Anant Narayanan
From: Anant Narayanan @ 2008-05-10 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> as some of you already might know, Gentoo has plan9port
> (in the plan9 overlay), splitted into several packages.
> But it builds the whole p9p for the each single package
> (and just copies out the relevant stuff).

You are incorrect.

--
Anant

* Re: [9fans] plan9port: split into several packages
@ 2008-05-11 16:27 ` Michaelian Ennis
From: Michaelian Ennis @ 2008-05-11 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: weigelt, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> I'd like to split it into several packages directly at source
> (eg. one pkg per lib or tool).

Where is this overlay?

* Re: [9fans] plan9port: split into several packages
@ 2008-05-17 10:45   ` Enrico Weigelt
From: Enrico Weigelt @ 2008-05-17 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Michaelian Ennis <michaelian.ennis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to split it into several packages directly at source
> > (eg. one pkg per lib or tool).
>

> Where is this overlay?

http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/dev/anant/plan9

(or as "plan9" in layman)