Hi, I’m not sure if you’ve seen it but there seems to be a multi platform port with some cleanup already underway, it might be easier to start from that: https://github.com/Interrupt/systemshock Amanda On 13 Nov 2022 at 16:51 +0100, radiuspi314@gmail.com, wrote: > Hello all! Nightdive Studios recently released the source code for the Mac OS9 / PowerPC version of System Shock 1. Besides being among my favorite games, it's also one of the first properly 3D games to exist, and getting it running on Plan 9 would be a fun and interesting project in my estimation. The source code (https://github.com/NightDive-Studio/shockmac) is written in C for the most part, with the notable exception of a bit of C++ and the tiniest sliver of objective-c, each of which is possible to convert somewhat inelegantly back into ansi C. It has conveniently separated out the portion of the code that is specific to Mac, so my admittedly uninformed hope is that if I could simply modify this code and replace any references to Mac OS 9 event handlers and resources, I could compile it on plan 9.  Are there any resources available to port these event handlers or resources, or any known projects that span across mac os 9 and plan 9, that I could use as references? > > Apologies as well if this topic had already been created; after a brief search, I couldn't find any other questions asking this same thing, so I figured I'd produce my own and if I had missed something in my search someone might point me in the right direction. > 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tfd89dd5bd6825f5c-M3bc04eb4a887bf53aed976e4 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription