[parent not found: <125383542.7354050.1514749657604.ref@mail.yahoo.com>]
* [9fans] Inferno on microcontrollers
@ 2017-12-31 15:27 Rui Carmo
From: Rui Carmo @ 2017-12-31 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I honestly don’t think Plan9 or Inferno will become “general use” without (at the very least) a modern browser, but that was not what motivated me to post here.

Inferno, dis and 9p seem like a good fit for embedded devices, and having run it successfully on a Raspberry Pi a few months ago (https://bitbucket.org/infpi/inferno-rpi), I was wondering if the kernel and network stack would be shrunk down to something like an ESP8266 (although don’t think that has enough heap space).

A while back there was the Aijuboard (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aijuboard#/), but nothing else seems to have popped up since 2015, and any industrial applications of Inferno that might be interesting are likely squirreled away in commercial companies...

So I’d like to know if anyone here knows about recent efforts to run Inferno on other tiny machines...

Happy New Year,

R.