From: "David du Colombier" <0intro@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] p9f licensing question (u9fs)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:55:33 +0200	[thread overview]

> browsing the 9p.io's sources of plan9 I have noticed that u9fs have a
> specific LICENSE file that is not MIT, while the page header says
> "Distributed under the MIT License".
>
> What's the actual license under which u9fs is distributed by the
> Plan 9 Foundation?

I suppose you are referring to this:

https://9p.io/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/unix/u9fs/LICENSE

This is an old license that was used by Lucent to share software
such as AWK, sam, u9fs, etc. as part of the Netlib collection.

This license was quite permissive and similar to the MIT license.

You can ignore this file and consider u9fs is distributed under MIT.

--
David du Colombier