* [9fans] /bin/RING??
@ 2004-10-17 11:22 gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2004-10-17 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello

I am trying to setup telco to answer calls (data and fax),
and when i call the plan9 box, without telco or ppp runing,
automatically it try to run /bin/RING.

i tried to look for documentation but i cannot find any references
to that.

can anyone tell me what's that? and how can be used? it should may be a chat script?

btw, has anyone a telco setup running that can share with me?
(just to take it as an example to follow to do my setup)

thanks

gabi.

* Re: [9fans] /bin/RING??
@ 2004-10-17 17:03 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-10-17 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

RING is what a modem prints when the phone line rings.
it sounds like you are running something like "rc /dev/eia0",
perhaps left over from earlier experimentation.  or perhaps
you have a serial console set up that you forgot about?

russ

* Re: [9fans] /bin/RING??
@ 2004-10-17 21:53   ` gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2004-10-17 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: russcox, 9fans

hi

hum, yes it seems i forgot to add the >/dev/null >[2=1]
to the bind -a '#t' line.

if anyone has a running setup of telco that can share please tell me :)

gabi.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3308 bytes --]