* [9fans] Release CD-ROM won't boot
@ 2012-08-17 10:30 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2012-08-17 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I haven't checked all possibilities, but perhaps someone here has a
quick fix.

I'm trying to boot a Plan 9 ISO image from a few weeks back (date
indeterminate, right now) under VMware ESXi, but it seems to jam at
the "PBSR...I" prompt (text cursor on the following line).  I tried
both the primary and the secondary masters for the virtual CD Drive.

Sadly, there are many errors in the Venti arenas and they don't look
as if they can be fixed, so I'm resorting to a re-install, if I can
get that right, it is an expendable VM, but I'd like to deploy it in a
more productive role..

I'm 1300 km aways from the server, incidentally.

Also, the CD root seems to be Jul 17, 10:00.  The disk images mounts
OK and seems healthy.

++L