* [9fans] Connect plan9 with Linux SMB resource
@ 2022-04-10  7:45 Tomás S. Javaloyes
From: Tomás S. Javaloyes @ 2022-04-10  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself: My name is Tomás and I have been interested
in Plan9 for some time. My aim is to have the knowledge of the system
to set up with 6 raspberry's Pi 3B+ with PoE power a small learning
grid using one of the Raspberrys with a 480GB SSD as a file server,
dhcp server and bootp service for the rest, another Raspberry diskless
to be the authorization server, three more as cpu servers and the last
one as terminal with river and keyboard and mouse; all this together
with the PoE switch in a box for Raspberry's clusters from C4labs that
I just bought...

But to do that you first have to learn how to use the system and
that's why I have a virtualbox with 9front installed and I'm learning
how to use it.

Right now I'm trying to learn how to connect with 'cifs' from
9front/plan9 to a Linux SMB share that pretends to be a Windows domain
(exactly a Zentyal distro) but I can't get it to work:

I try to connect and I get the following:

term% cifs 192.168.1.10 shared folder

!Adding key: proto=ntmmv2 service=cifs windom=MYDOMAIN
user[glenda]=<my_username>
password: <mypassword>

cifs: session authentication failed, invalid parameter

term%

I've even tried it with an SMB without as much complexity as Zentyal
(a simple SMB share with a guest user) and I still don't know how to
connect it.

I've read the cifs manual but I'm not sure what options to use and
I've searched the Internet for a similar example and I can't find any.

Can someone guide me in the right direction?