That was acutualy what happened. It just took 5 minutes and the first time I gave it so long was while I was writing to 9fans. Any idea why it takes 5 minutes for it to work? -Patrick On 6/10/07, erik quanstrom wrote: > > drawterm, like cpu, trys to put you in the same directory on the remote > machine that you were in on the local machine. > > in your case this is not possible -- there's no C:\ on plan 9. > but this should not be a problem. you will just be plopped in bootes > home directory instead. > > - erik > > > Hello. > > I have just installed plan9 as a cpu/auth/fileserver in vmware. After > lots > > of work and hours of reinstalling and messing around with networking and > > bridging I finally got drawterm to connect to it. > > Here's what I get: > > > > user: bootes > > bootes@something.net password: > > cpu: failed to chdir to "C:\" >