Hello again. I rebooted the plan9 guest os and now it only takes a few seconds from login to I have rio running. I don't know what happened, but it's "fixed" now. -Patrick On 6/11/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > > > That was acutualy what happened. It just took 5 minutes and the first > time I > > gave it so long was while I was writing to 9fans. > > Any idea why it takes 5 minutes for it to work? > > i don't think chdir is causing the delay. do you have anything in > your $home/lib/profile that could take time when you sign in? > >