* [9fans] kenfs (look ma, no disks)
@ 2007-09-09 16:03 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-09-09 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i've been working on kenfs as we needed a way to have
automatic offsite backup.  i am using aoe to do the offsite
bit so theoretically, one could have a kenfs with no disks.
i've also rewritten the marvell sata driver, added the intel
ahci driver, revamped mmu code.  finally, i have a slight
change to the on-disk layout of the c part of the cw that
results in a 20x speed improvement.  (this change can be
used on old fses if you dump and then recover using
the new code.)  i've also implemented a new compile-time
option "fastworm" that inhibits copying from the worm to
the cache.

my current testing setup is

	filsys main cp(a0)0.10{a1e99.0[e64.<0-3>]}

where

	dev	driver	target
	a?	ahci
	e99.0	aoe	sr421
	e64.?	aoe	pata shelf accessed over wireless link.

if you have any interest in this, please drop me a note
with the hardware you're using and i'll figure out how
to arrange access.

- erik