It really ought not to page fault for a bad block. The file server driver certainly recovers from bad block accesses, as I saw quite a few on my server this summer. Unfortunately, as my fake worm filled up, I have pulled the scsi drives from the server, replacing them with IDE as the prices make it prohibitive to work any other way. 70Gb SCSI drives are £450 +VAT here, whereas 80GB IDE are <£80 +VAT. You can mirror the drives and still spend less than half for the same capacity. I still have SCSI in my terminal. However, there are compatibility problems between 53c8xx chips and PCI busses, which is nothing to do with Plan 9. I certainly found that old controllers (53c810s) did not work reliabuly in PCI 2.1 busses; bus faults I think. I guess that the same issues could exist with a new controller and an old motherboard, but I don't have any old motherboards any more. It is certainly supported hardware, but only if the hardware is plugged into a compatible socket.