* [9fans] alternative port with webfs?
@ 2009-03-15 23:18 Mathieu
From: Mathieu @ 2009-03-15 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

I'm working on something that will use http requests so I figured using
webfs instead of reinventing the wheel might be a good idea, even though
I've been hinted on #plan9 that it's far from perfect.
My first try was to duplicate some code from /sys/src/cmd/webfs/webget.c
and it seemed that I couldn't get a reply from a server
listening on a port other than 80, using that syntax for the url:
http://host:port/path. Then I tried the same thing with webfsget
and I also got a 'Connection refused'.
I've just had a quick peak in /sys/src/cmd/webfs/url.c and looking at
the comments it seems that this kind of syntax for the url should be
directly supported when writing it to webfs. Haven't looked yet at the
code though.
So am I missing something, or is it just not implemented yet?

Cheers,
Mathieu

* Re: [9fans] alternative port with webfs?
@ 2009-03-16  0:40 ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2009-03-16  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Mathieu <lejatorn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on something that will use http requests so I figured using
> webfs instead of reinventing the wheel might be a good idea, even though
> I've been hinted on #plan9 that it's far from perfect.
> My first try was to duplicate some code from /sys/src/cmd/webfs/webget.c
> and it seemed that I couldn't get a reply from a server
> listening on a port other than 80, using that syntax for the url:
> http://host:port/path. Then I tried the same thing with webfsget
> and I also got a 'Connection refused'.

I patched this a little bit and seems to work for me. ¿Do you
have the latest version?.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] alternative port with webfs?
@ 2009-03-16  1:23   ` Mathieu
From: Mathieu @ 2009-03-16  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ah it seems the tree I was using for 9vx was a bit old indeed. I've
just pulled the latest webfs from sources and it's working fine now,
thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Mathieu

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4087 bytes --]

From: Gorka Guardiola <paurea@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] alternative port with webfs?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 01:40:22 +0100