* [9fans] keyboard repeats
@ 2005-11-28 17:33 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2005-11-28 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is it just me, or have keystroke repeats appeared in recent versions
of Plan 9 for the i386?

I thought my keyboard was getting tired, but I'm using a complete new
installation 1300km away and key repeats are still happening.  This is
in RIO, not the equally odd behaviour I've resigned myself to on the
console.

I can't really blame my fingers, either.

++L

* Re: [9fans] keyboard repeats
@ 2005-11-28 17:54 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2005-11-28 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, 9fans

not that ii've noticed

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2554 bytes --]

From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] keyboard repeats
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:33:48 +0200

@ 2005-11-28 17:57   ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2005-11-28 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> not that ii've noticed

but i have noticed that since i'm running wireless, my kernel
is not the latest i've built so if something changed since the 8th,
i wouldn't notice.

* [9fans] CD drive don't works to load the 9pcflop.gz (but it boots)/Plan 9 installed in HP nx7000 notebook
@ 2005-11-28 19:10     ` Nicolas Victorero Mier
From: Nicolas Victorero Mier @ 2005-11-28 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,
I tried to install Plan 9, in a desktop (dell optiplex gx240) this time,
it boots from the CD and outputs...

PBS...Plan 9 from Bell Labs
ELCR: 0E00
apm ax=f000 cx=f000 dx=f000 di=ffff ebx=f0fc esi=-1
dev A0 port 1F0 config 045A capabilities 0F00 mwdma 0007 udma 207F
dev A0 port 170 config 85C0 capabilities 0F00 mwdma 0007 udma 0407
Boot devices: df0

And it really mean that, the CD is secondary IDE master, but
sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz does nothing but prompt 'boot from:' again, same
result with sdC0, sdC1 and sdD1.

After that i tried with a floppy, and succesfully installed Plan 9 into
the box, using the ethernet card (3com 83509C iirc) worked well and i
could download the image and all, anyways there seems to be some error
when it comes to recognize the CD drive.

And just for the record, yesterday i succesfully installed Plan 9 in a
HP nx7000 notebook, that time the CD drive worked well, but a lot of
weird things happened before i could install it, don't know exactly what
caused it, probably that first i installed venti+fossil without enougth
space, and then it didn't worked untill i formatted the patition with
another fs (reiserfs but well), and then repartition and restarted the
installation (this time only fossil). The RTL8139 works, the wifi
ipw2100 not. And i run rio at 1280x1024x16 (tried x32 with weird
results), with the vesa driver.

Regards,
Nico