From: Frederik Caulier <aediks@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] tex
Date: Wed,  9 Dec 2009 00:36:52 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello 9fans@

Although it is no TeX I would like to suggest ``lout'', a lightweight
(2 MB) document formatting system written in ANSI C by Jeffrey H.
Kingston. [0]

Quotation from Wikipedia:
``It reads a high-level description of a document similar in style to
LaTeX and produces a PostScript file which can be printed on most
printers. Plain text and PDF output are also available.'' [1]

It is free software and well documented, you might also want to have a
look at the FAQ. [2]

[0] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/lout/
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lout
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/lout/index.php?title=FAQ