Hey riddler, that has something to do with the way how you open the connection. I'm not 100% sure if its a perfect description what happens, but when you > % echo -n url http://www.google.co.uk > ctl the >ctl will open and close the connection to 0/ctl. But you can read the body only while the 0/ctl device is open. (Or it might be differnet that you need to open body for reading before you open and send to ctl). Best is to check the code of hget to understand how this works. I'm not sure if it's possible or in any way convenient to use webfs through rc. I think hget is your friend. cheers ingo