From: "Iruata Souza" <iru.muzgo@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] /net panic
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:10:06 -0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Iruata Souza <iru.muzgo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 7:20 AM, sqweek <sqweek@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  muzgo (from irc) was playing around with /net in qemu and came across this gem:
>  >
>  >  on drawterm:
>  >  cpu% cd /net/tcp
>  >  cpu% cat clone
>  >  23cpu% cd 23
>  >  cpu% echo connect 10.0.2.1!12345 >ctl
>  >  cpu% cat status
>  >  Finwait2 qin 0 qout 0 srtt 0 mdev 0 cwin 1461 swin 32850>>0 rwin
>  >  65535>>0 timer.start 10 timer.count 10 rerecv 0 katimer.start 200
>  >  katimer.count 159
>  >  cpu% echo connect 10.0.2.1!12345 >ctl
>  >  cpu%
>  >
>  >  this causes CPU server to reboot with:
>  >  panic: timerstate1
>  >  panic: timerstate1
>  >  dumpstack disabled
>  >  cpu0 exiting
>  >
>  >
>  >   The usage of /net is invalid, but you wouldn't really expect that to
>  >  reboot the machine (or maybe it's a holdover from before /dev/reboot
>  >  existed? ;) ).
>  >   Just tried it on my cpu server and got the same panic, so we can rule
>  >  qemu out. I adjusted the ip!port to something that would accept my
>  >  connection, and my status was something like Timedwait rather than
>  >  Finwait2. Second time around I skipped the cat status and still hit
>  >  the panic so the status read isn't affecting things (which is probably
>  >  blindingly obvious to anyone familiar with the /net code, but oh
>  >  well).
>  >
>  >   I appear to be running a realtek 8169 nic:
>  >  #l0: rtl8169: 100Mbps port 0xE400 irq 11: 000aeb2ff32c
>  >
>  >   Don't know what muzgo was using in qemu, but let me know if I can
>  >  provide any useful information.
>  >  -sqweek
>  >

>  no *strange* things running, i guess.
>
>  iru

some info about my environment is in http://iru.oitobits.net/9netpanic/ where:
QEMU_Plan9 - sh script to run emulated Plan 9
cpuemu_config.tgz - CPU server's /cfg/cpuemu
qemu-ifup - sh script to up host<->guest tun interfaces, Plan 9 gets tun0
ifconfig.tun0 - tun interface configuration
listen.c - listener running on host
panic - complete scenario of snap pasted by sqweek

iru