* [9fans] plan9port acme can't load dump file with shell output of "9p read plumb/rules"?
@ 2009-06-08 22:59 Jason Catena
From: Jason Catena @ 2009-06-08 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

plan9port acme calls it a "bad load file" when I try to load a dump
file in which a shell window contains the output of "9p read
plumb/rules".  Specifically, the error message refers to the line in
the dump file just before a "data matches" line containing one of the
complicated regular expressions with special characters ("i- ") in the
basic rules.

Are there certain characters which acme does not expect to see in the
load file, and fails when it does see them?  Or is there a similar
problem with what's okay to print when reconstructing an +Errors
window (this seems farther-fetched)?  The plumb/basic file itself
comes back fine, probably because its content doesn't go through the
dump-file parser.

I can work around it easily enough, by clearing any buffer in which
I've output the read command before I dump.  I also tried to manually
edit the dump file, which only works if I delete the "bad" +Errors
window's tag and all windows and tags after it.

If this is a known problem, or you would like a bug report, would
someone kindly direct me to (its record in) the appropriate
bug-tracking system?

Jason Catena

* Re: [9fans] plan9port acme can't load dump file with shell output of "9p read plumb/rules"?
@ 2009-06-09  3:19 Jason Catena
From: Jason Catena @ 2009-06-09  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Applied fix locally, works like a champ.  Thanks!  Now I should
probably set up hg to get updates without patching it myself.

Jason Catena