* [9fans] Chaucer on 9fans
@ 2009-09-13  8:27 Andrew Simmons
       [not found] ` <BFEB2BA35E85D84612919670@192.168.1.2>
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2009-09-13  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Namoore of this, for Goddes dignitee!!!

Myn eres aken of thy drasty speche!

'By God', quod he, 'for pleynley, at a word
Thy drasty posting is nat worth a toord!'

* Re: [9fans] Chaucer on 9fans
@ 2009-09-13 11:07 ` Eris Discordia
       [not found] ` <BFEB2BA35E85D84612919670@192.168.1.2>
From: Eris Discordia @ 2009-09-13 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

"Aye an' a bit of Mackeral settler rack and ruin
Ran it doon by the haim, 'ma place.
Well I slapped me and I slapped it doon in the side and
I cried, cried, cried."
[...]
"Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart
That I would nay fall but as dead, dead as 'a can be by his feet;
De ya ken?...
And the wind cried back."

> Namoore of this, for Goddes dignitee!!!

It's safe to say, I guess: okay.

--On Sunday, September 13, 2009 20:27 +1200 Andrew Simmons

@ 2009-09-13 19:14   ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2009-09-13 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There's a thread by yy about additions to Acme.

It contains code, which could be made better
given the appropriate feedback and time.

It's also useful and not ridiculous.

ak

* Re: [9fans] Chaucer on 9fans
       [not found] ` <BFEB2BA35E85D84612919670@192.168.1.2>
@ 2009-09-14  4:25   ` Jason Catena
From: Jason Catena @ 2009-09-14  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Eris discordantly quoted, from a Pink Floyd song
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Several_species), "an account of the
famous defeat of Mary Queen of Scots at the battle of Langside that
took place in the 16th Century."  Here's a translation and analysis of
the full text, written in a Scottish dialect on the other side of the
great vowel shift from Chaucer's middle English.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=116217231&blogId=178646624

(Sorry for contributing to off-topic-ness.)

Jason Catena