Hello Gabriel, I had the same problem, but hopefully I fixed it a couple months ago. It was just a matter of remapping the dead keys back do the Latin-1 character space. Try compiling drawterm (works for Inferno and p9p too) with the new keysym2ucs-x11.c that I've attached. It looks a bit hackish though. Regards. On 3/17/07, Gabriel Diaz wrote: > Hello > > I'm trying to type spanish chars using drawterm-linux, but i'm unable to do it. > > All linux programs work as expected, i can type ó,í and the like, but > plan9ports and drawterm doesn't work. (alt+`+o or ` alone doesn't > work) > > Running drawterm-windows under wine emulator works, i can type á > without using the alt-key. > > Driver "keyboard" > Option "CoreKeyboard" > Option "XkbRules" "xorg" > Option "XkbModel" "pc105" > Option "XkbLayout" "es,en" > Option "XkbVariant" ",nodeadkeys," > > i tried with kdb driver and with more options combinations like > > Driver "kbd" > Option "Xkblayout "es" > > this is the X-window version: > X Window System Version 7.1.99.903 (7.2.0 RC 3) > > thanks all, > > gabi > -- Felipe