* [9fans] Problems with adding users.
@ 2008-11-06 10:05 Nolan Hamilton
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nolan Hamilton @ 2008-11-06 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, I am trying to add a user. I run "Con -l /srv/fscons" at the
prompt I add a user using uname.  I add the user to sys, and then
login with my new user I do run /sys/lib/newuser also.  I try to run
acme though and it says: "Cant create temp file: blah blah blah
permission denied"  How can I change this?

* Re: [9fans] Problems with adding users.
@ 2008-11-06 11:54 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-11-06 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nolan.h.hamilton, 9fans

> Hi, I am trying to add a user. I run "Con -l /srv/fscons" at the
> prompt I add a user using uname.  I add the user to sys, and then
> login with my new user I do run /sys/lib/newuser also.  I try to run
> acme though and it says: "Cant create temp file: blah blah blah
> permission denied"  How can I change this?

did you run auth/changeuser $newuser as the hostowner?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Problems with adding users.
@ 2008-11-06 16:11 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2008-11-06 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Cant create temp file: blah blah blah
> permission denied

sounds like you have no $home/tmp, but /sys/lib/newuser will
have created one for you so it doesn't make sense.

check if $home/tmp exists and is writable by you.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] Problems with adding users.
@ 2008-11-06 16:43 ` Nolan Hamilton
From: Nolan Hamilton @ 2008-11-06 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks for the help guys, everything works now.