* [yosyp.list@gmail.com: Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?]
@ 2007-01-21  5:35 Neil Hodges
From: Neil Hodges @ 2007-01-21  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I've figured out how to use it properly, but how would I set the keymap
to Dvorak at boot?

- Neil

----- Forwarded message from Yosyp Bin Laden <yosyp.list@gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:18:49 -0500
From: Yosyp Bin Laden <yosyp.list@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?

There was an email (subjected "New to Plan9 Programming" or such) that
had an answer to the keymap question. Search around, or 'man kbmap'.

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: [yosyp.list@gmail.com: Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?]
@ 2007-01-21  5:38 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2007-01-21  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

edit your $home/lib/profile

I have:
cat /sys/lib/kbmap/es >/dev/kbmap

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [yosyp.list@gmail.com: Re: [9fans] Dvorak Keymap?]
@ 2007-01-21 22:48   ` Neil Hodges
From: Neil Hodges @ 2007-01-21 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

How would I make it global at startup?

- Neil

@ 2007-01-21 23:00     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-01-21 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> How would I make it global at startup?

Are you sure you want to make it global?

Is everyone who ever uses this machine (even if they are
connecting over the net) will need a Dorvak keyboard?

If so then you can add the same line to /rc/bin/termrc.local,
don't forget to chmod it so it is executable. This file is run
on every terminal if it exists (see /rc/bin/termrc).

If you suspect that only you will need the Dorvak keyboard
then you can put the line in your profile ($user/lib/profile).

-Steve