* [9fans] Failure building Inferno
@ 2015-01-10  6:33 lucio
From: lucio @ 2015-01-10  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The eventual objective is to have the MIPS(EL) toolchain in place on
my Yeeloong notebook, but it's quite promising that building Inferno
can progress as far as it did with minimal adjustments (Linux/spim).

The GCC compiler, however, complains:

asm-spim.S: Assembler messages:
asm-spim.S:50: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: mips1 (mips1) `ll $2,0($4)'
asm-spim.S:52: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: mips1 (mips1) `sc $9,0($4)'
mk: gcc -c  asm-spim.S  : exit status=exit(1)

I had to drop the -mips32 command line flag to gcc because iyacc
failed on an invalid instruction.  I compared mk (which worked, of
course) and iyacc and the architectures were MIPS-I and MIPS32
respectively.  Then everything up to the assembly above worked fine.

I added -march=native and -mtune=native (which the compiler translates
to -march=loongson2f and -mtune=loongson2f) and the inferno
installation completed successfully.  There may be one or two warnings
worth fixing, but first I want to do some testing.

Lucio.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-01-10  6:33 UTC | newest]