* [9fans] Trouble Installing Plan on Acer Extensa 4220
@ 2010-09-06 15:06 vitaeviternus
From: vitaeviternus @ 2010-09-06 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Before I start typing Plan 9 boot output or lspci output, here is the
weirdness:

The Plan 9 iso image that I downloaded a couple days ago behaves
strangely.  When booting from the CD image on the CD, pccd.gz, Plan 9
recognizes my hard drive as sdE.  When I boot from the floppy image,
pcflop.gz, it does not recognize my hard drive at all.

Anyway to install from the environment loaded from the CD image?

Thanks.

David

* Re: [9fans] Trouble Installing Plan on Acer Extensa 4220
@ 2010-09-10  8:41   ` Vitaeviternus
From: Vitaeviternus @ 2010-09-10  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sep 6, 11:22 am, quans...@quanstro.net (erik quanstrom) wrote:
> On Mon Sep  6 11:08:11 EDT 2010, vitaeviter...@fastmail.fm wrote:
>
> > Before I start typing Plan 9 boot output or lspci output, here is the
> > weirdness:
>
> > The Plan 9 iso image that I downloaded a couple days ago behaves
> > strangely.  When booting from the CD image on the CD, pccd.gz, Plan 9
> > recognizes my hard drive as sdE.  When I boot from the floppy image,
> > pcflop.gz, it does not recognize my hard drive at all.
>
> > Anyway to install from the environment loaded from the CD image?
>
> if it's possible, it's probablly not easy.  try 9atom.ftp://ftp.quanstro.net/other/9atom.iso.bz2
>
> - erik

Thanks, Erik.

The 9atom image worked like a charm.

       [not found] <d7c24baf-3a0d-44bd-ae06-b1d51a3fa41d@l20g2000yqe.googlegroups.co>