* [9fans] Setting the timezone in Plan 9 on the Raspberry Pi.
@ 2014-10-06 13:32 Mats Olsson
From: Mats Olsson @ 2014-10-06 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I can't set the correct timezone on my Raspberry Pi running Plan 9. What
I've found on the net is that I need administrative rights. I didn't
know that even was a concept in Plan 9. So please help me out! I'd
really appreciate it.

Kind Greetings,
Mats Olsson

* Re: [9fans] Setting the timezone in Plan 9 on the Raspberry Pi.
@ 2014-10-06 14:03 ` dante
From: dante @ 2014-10-06 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi Mats,

Log in (in Plan9, on a terminal machine, that means boot the machine
as...) Glenda and run:
cp /adm/timezone/India /adm/timezone/local

This won't bring you too far if you don't have an Ethernet connection to
the Internet and set it up correctly.
Plan9 has no internal battery and clock. It mus find out what time it is
each time it boots.

Cheers,
Dante

@ 2014-10-06 14:07   ` dante
From: dante @ 2014-10-06 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Correction: the Raspberry Pi has no battery....