From: "Tharaneedharan Vilwanathan" <vdharani@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] sb16
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:40:13 -0800	[thread overview]

hi,

if i remember correctly, there are multiple versions of SB16. Some work and
some dont. I have both types. The one that didnt work had another name
called Ensoniq I think (may be that company was bought by Creative).

anyway, my usual suggestion is completely ignore sound cards since they are
so confusing and it is difficult to get them up and running. instead, think
of buying an USB audio device. I have several devices working fine:
something like Edirol UA-1X, Xitel HiFi-Link AN1 and Xitel Pro HiFi-Link.
There are also other devices that are known to work.

here are some links that may be of use:
http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/ziphos/edirol.tests
http://www.infernopark.com/plan9/mad/mad.html

hope this helps.