hi richard, thanks for the info. both 1280x768x8 and 1280x768x24 work for me. i am working on some (unrelated) issues, after which i will try more combinations. thanks dharani On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com> wrote: > > btw, what was your plan9.ini config? did it look like: > > > > vgasize=1280x800 > > monitor=macbook (or xga?, sorry i am not sure about this) > > Before changing vgadb, I had success with: > > vgasize=1280x768x24 > monitor=cinema > > > and, since we are in VM, does the native resolution really matter? my > > thinking was, basically VM provides memory space and the graphics driver > in > > guest OS thinks this is its frame buffer. when a draw happens, the guest > > OS's window gets updated. am i right or wrong? > > Sorry, I don't know the details. When you're not running fullscreen, there > is obviously no real connection between the actual screen resolution and > what > the vm is simulating. > > >